We are family
Summertime always prompts images of grilling in the backyard, vacation road trips, watching baseball, and adventures in the neighborhood.
In the church, it’s often a season where we “take a break” from ministry and community. But some may find that idea somewhat odd when you consider your identity in Christ. You don’t really ever “take a break” for an entire season from your earthly family, so why would you skip out on your spiritual family for three months?
While family rhythms certainly change in the summer, it doesn’t disappear entirely. The kids are out of school, and you’re on the go more, but you don’t stop teaching your kids about Jesus and His Word. You certainly don’t cease to be brothers and sisters in Christ with your church family during the summer either.
Pushing pause, or pushing forward?
What if your community continued striving to be a spiritual family this summer, rather than pushing pause?
Use this 19-point guide for examples and ideas of simple things you can do this summer to bring gospel intentionality to your schedule.
Free Guide: How To Be Missional This Summer
Hopefully as you are reading through these examples it will spark ideas for your own life. Be sure and bookmark this page and come back to it often as a resource for your missional journey this summer!
- Gospel, Community, Mission & Summer
- How To Listen To Your Neighborhood
- 3 Simple Ways To Give True Hospitality
- How To Use Hospitality To Reach Out This Summer
- How To Have a Missional Meal
- 5 Ways To Use Your Meals To Be Missional
- 10 Simple Ways To Be Missional In Your Community
- 10 Simple Ways To Be Missional In Your Community – part 2
- 10 Simple Ways To Be Missional In Your Community – part 3
- 10 Simple Ways To Be Missional In Your Community – part 4
- 10 Simple Ways To Be Missional In Your Community – part 5
- Evangelism in the 21st Century
- 25 Ways To Be Missional In Your Neighborhood
- How To Fit Mission Into Your Schedule
- More Simple Ways To Be Missional In Your Neighborhood
- 6 Simple Ways To Make Disciples This Summer
- Simple Ways To Share Your Faith
- 5 Ways To Bless Your Neighbors
Get your FREE DOWNLOAD from A Meal With Jesus by Tim Chester!