Problems fitting mission into your schedule?
Although the word “missional” has become quite a buzzword recently, it really just means that we live every day as missionaries. Jesus said that “As the Father has sent me, so I send you” (John 20:21). That word “sent” is where we get the word “missional.” It simply means that we live as Jesus lived – as sent people who live everyday life with gospel intentionality.
But most of the time when we think of living on mission we immediately get the idea of adding events and service projects to an already crammed schedule. Busy schedules seem to keep us shackled and lifeless, keeping us from living out the mission of God in our lives every day. And with more and more calls to live on mission, we are left felling guilty and frustrated.
But is there a better way?
Yes! In fact, most of the simple ideas you’ll find below are very much in the context of your everyday life, but when looked at with a lens of gospel intentionality – when viewed through the eyes of a missionary – become not just ordinary tasks, but eternally significant rhythms of your life that are teeming with gospel opportunity.
The following 17-point guide includes practical examples of simple things you can begin doing to bring gospel intentionality to your schedule. Hopefully as you are reading through these examples it will spark ideas for your own life.
This free guide includes the following articles and videos:
- How To Fit Mission Into Your Schedule
- Simple Ways To Share Your Faith
- 10 Practical Ways To Be Missional (Without Adding Anything To Your Schedule!)
- 5 Practical Ideas to Use Your Meals to Be Missional
- 5 Practical Ideas to Bless Others
- 5 Practical Ways To Bless Your Neighbors
- Practical Ways to be Missional in Your Neighborhood
- 5 Practical Ideas to Be Missional by Celebrating & Suffering with Others
- 5 Practical Ideas to Be Missional by Listening
- 5 Practical Ideas to Be Missional by Knowing The Story
- 4 Vital Questions for Being Missional in the Marketplace
- 30 Practical Ways to Be Missional in Your Workplace
- 5 Practical Ideas To Be Missional With Your Work & Rest
- Practical Ways to be Missional in Your Community & City
- 6 Practical Ways To Use Your Rhythms of Life to Live on Mission
- The Introverted Evangelist: Living on Mission as an Introvert
- Life WITH Mission VS Life AS Mission
READY TO TAKE YOUR DISCIPLE MAKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
Resources for Following Jesus on Mission
Here’s what you can get:
15 high-impact eBooks on discipleship, mission, family, missional leadership, and following Jesus in everyday life.
A 20-part e-course that lays out a simple pathway for discipleship and mission.
Free access to a fast-growing library of the best-of-the-best resources on discipleship and mission.
Take the conversation further…
We’d love to know your thoughts on this post.