Jesus commanded us to make disciples who make disciples. We can make disciples formally and informally. In formal discipleship you need to consider all that you want people to:
Know — key doctrines all people should know
Believe — truths that motivate and transform your identity and behavior
Do — the activities that the gospel leads us to practice
Informal discipleship, in conjunction with formal discipleship is crucial in making followers of Jesus who both hear and obey.
God commanded through Moses (Deuteronomy 6) and Jesus commanded the disciples (Matt. 28:18-20) to develop a disciple-making culture where all of life becomes the platform for disciple-making.
Six questions to determine if you have a disciple-making culture:
Get Instant Access
to this *free* download and the MyVerge Library today!
Get instant access when you register for your *free* MyVerge Membership, and download a library of proven missional training in over 20 ebooks, reports and webinars.
- Are the few doing the ministry for the many? Or are the few equipping the many for the ministry?
- Do we spend the majority of our time equipping, training and developing leaders?
- Is it apparent that every member is to be a full-time minister in your church? Do new believers get called and sent into the mission upon conversion?
- Do you celebrate those who leave to start new works?
- Is there shared leadership within the local body?
- Do you intentionally create vacuums for other leaders to fill?
Want real-time training on what it looks like to make disciples in the every day stuff of life? Verge is partnering with Jeff Vanderstelt to bring you Saturate Everyday. This training is for YOU – the “doer:” the pastor, leader, equipper and follower of Jesus who desires to better understand how to be a disciple of Jesus who effectively applies the gospel to everyday life and mission. During this training we guarantee you will gain effective tools and practices to develop a clear plan of action for gospel saturation in your community.
Communities centered around mission are the heart of what God has called His Church to be and do. Attending Saturate Everyday will give you a vision for what it might look like to saturate your own community with the gospel so that every man, woman, and child has a daily encounter with Jesus.