Much of what we do is not meant to add things to the schedule, but bring intentionality to the things we are already doing.
As a part of the Soma family, we often speak of living out our gospel identity in everyday rhythms of life (know the story, listen, bless, celebrate & suffer, eat, rest & work). In fact, much of what we do is not meant to add things to the schedule, but bring intentionality to the things we are already doing.
The following lists are a few practical examples of simple things you can begin doing to bring gospel intentionality to your schedule. Hopefully as you are reading through these examples it will spark ideas for your own life.
5 PRACTICAL IDEAS TO KNOW THE STORY
1. Practice telling the story to your kids and spouse – get resources here
2. Listen to others tell the story – Story of God Audio
3. Have a night where each person in your MC shares their story in 10 minutes.
4. Identify and write down the 4 major stories you see people believing in your city. Use Creation/Fall/Redemption/New Creation as an outline for this.
5. Host a get to know your neighbors party where each person brings one artifact that has had a significant impact on their life. Have people share how it fits into their story.
CONSIDER – GENESIS 1:1-2, JOHN 1:1, PSALM 1, 2 TIMOTHY 3:16-17
Question: Do you have any other practical ideas to know the story? Tweet us at @VergeNetwork or comment below.