Dave Ferguson shares five ways to bless your neighbors.
He says, “From the very beginning, God’s way of reaching and restoring the world has always been through what I would call a blessing strategy…how do we in a very practical way that’s theologically grounded explain to people how they could bless people in places they are incarnating?
CLICK TO TWEET: “God’s way of reaching and restoring the world has always been through a blessing strategy.” @DaveFerguson
We came up with this…
- B- Begin with prayer. We want you to ask, ‘God how do you want me to bless the people in the places you’ve sent me to?’
- L- Listen. Don’t talk, but listen to people, their struggles, their pains, in the places God sent you.
- E- Eat. You can’t just check this off. It’s not quick. You have to have a meal with people or a cup of coffee. It builds relationships.
- S- Serve. If you listen with people and you eat with people they will tell you how to love them and you’ll know how to serve them.
- S- Story. When the time is right, now we talk and we share the story of how Jesus changed our life.
Genesis 12:2-3 says, “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
READY TO TAKE YOUR DISCIPLE MAKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
Resources for Following Jesus on Mission
Here’s what you can get:
15 high-impact eBooks on discipleship, mission, family, missional leadership, and following Jesus in everyday life.
A 20-part e-course that lays out a simple pathway for discipleship and mission.
Free access to a fast-growing library of the best-of-the-best resources on discipleship and mission.
Take the conversation further…
We’d love to know your thoughts on this post.